10 Signs that You are a Swedish Freak
I don’t remember when I became a Swedish Freak. It was somewhere between falling in love with a Swede and falling in love with Sweden. But now I know that I will be a Swedish Freak for life!
Perhaps you are in that middle stage, where you are not sure if you are a Swedish Freak or not. Well, here are 5 ways to tell if you are!
1. You “fika” even when not in Sweden.
Find yourself wanting a fika, calling it a fika, and not finding another word for it in your native language? A great sign you are turning into a Swedish Freak!
2. Suddenly you can’t get enough “godis”.
Think gummies are for children? Not in Sweden! If you have a new found sweet tooth, beware, you are very much transforming into a Swedish Freak! And yes. Swedish Fish count. Though they aren’t really Swedish.
3. Hockey, Hockey, Hockey
Now I know there is hockey in other places of the world too. But if you are suddenly following hockey when before you didn’t care, then you know that is another symptom, er, I mean sign!
4. You say “Hej” to everyone you meet.
Yes, this works in English too. We say “Hey!” to old friends we haven’t seen in awhile, or someone we are surprised to see. But if you start saying “Hej” in the since of hello, to complete strangers and everyone you meet, then you can take it for a sign… you may be a Swedish Freak.
5. You can’t seem to get enough of ABBA and other Swedish artists.
I can admit it. Can you? Especially the artists that sing in Swedish.Veronica Maggio anybody?
6. For the love of Meatballs!
Meatballs. Eat enough of them, and you will turn into a Swedish Freak!
7. You find yourself dancing like a frog and have greens on your head between June 21 and 24th.
If you don’t get this one, then check out the “Swedish midsummer for dummies” video!
8. You pick berries even when you are getting eaten alive by mosquitoes… yet you don’t seem to mind!
Really, would anybody else but a Swedish Freak do that?
9. Suddenly rotting fish sounds appetizing to you.
This is a big sign that you have turned into a Swedish Freak!
10. And the top sign that you are a Swedish Freak…
You have a Swedish Freak sign!
Wait, what, you don’t have one? Then go buy one at Signs of the Mountains!
Last updated byat .