< 1 tsp ground cardamon
< 750 g (4 cups) wheat flour or all purpose flour
< 100 g (7 tbsp) melted butter
< 50 g (3 tbsp) sugar
< 2 tbsp cinammon
< 1 egg
< 2 tbsp water
< pearl sugar or raw cain sugar
< 25 cup cake holders or kanelbullar holders (depending on what country you are in )
- Mix the yeast in a bowl along with 1/2 cup of milk. Make sure the milk is not cold or it won’t activate the yeast. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and mix it with the remainder of the milk. Add the rest of the “dough” ingredients and either knead the dough in a dough mixer for 10-15 minutes, or knead it by hand for 15-20 minutes. The dough should be smooth when done.
- Once finished, leave the dough in the bowl and cover it with a kitchen cloth. Leave it in a warm room for 30 minutes to rise.
- Once it has risen, roll out the dough in a large rectangle about 3 mm (1/3 in) thick and 30 cm or 12 in wide.
- Spread the melted butter over the dough covering every spot. Mix the cinnamon and sugar and then spread it over the butter.
- Roll the dough around the long edge so you have a long roll. Add water to the edge of the roll in order to make the end stick.
- Cut the roll into 25 pieces and place them in the cup cake holders or something simliar.
- Place on the baking sheet and cover. Leave them in a warm room and let them rise another 60 minutes or until they have doubled in size.
- Beat the egg and water together. Once the buns have risen, brush with the egg/water mixture and sprinkle with the pearl sugar or raw cain sugar.
- Bake in a preheated over at 220 C or 425 F for 5 – 7 minutes or until brown. Let cool before serving.
Last updated by Missfoster at .
Designed by Endless Range Marketing, LLC.