- 1 c (230 g) sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp (14 g) sugar
- 1 tsp (4 3/4 g) vanilla
- 1/8 tsp (3/4 g) salt
- 1 c (230 g) milk
- 2 eggs (well-beaten)
- timbale iron (rosette)
1. Sift sugar, salt and flour, mixing together well.
2. Stir milk and eggs together.
3. Gradually combine flour mixture and egg mixture.
4. Heat timbale iron in shortening or fat for 2 minutes at 375°F (190°C), then let the extra fat drain off.
5. Dip timbale iron into batter so that it’s submerged approximately 1/2 inch from the top.
6. Put the timbale iron back into the shortening or fat.
7. Let the case fry until it is golden brown and slides off the iron.
8. Reheat iron for a few minutes, then repeat.
Serving size: 24
- if the batter slips off, the iron is too cold; if it sticks to the iron, the iron is too hot.