Note: this recipe was passed down from a Swede who moved to the United States and relocated in Northern California.
- 1/2 c (115 g) butter or margarine (cream)
- 1 c (230 g) sugar
- 1 tsp (2 1/2 g) vanilla
- 2/3 c (152 g) nut meats, e.g. walnuts
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2/3 c (152 g) sifted flour
- 2 sqs bitter chocolate, melted
- wax paper
1. Cream the butter, and stir in the sugar.
2. Mix in the egg.
3. Add the vanilla.
4. Stir in the flour.
5. Pour into an 8-inch square pan, greased and lined with wax paper.
6. Bake 25 minutes at 325°F (163°C) in a preheated oven.