Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means that Swedish Freak will earn a commission if you purchase anything from these links. Thank you for your support!
Lingonberry jam is a stable must had for any Swedish kitchen. It is not used on toast, but for meatballs and other meats. It has a tangy taste and is distinctly Swedish!
- 2/5 c (1 dl) water
- 8 c (1 kg) lingonberries
- 2 1/5 c (500 g) granulated sugar
1. Cook water and lingonberries for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in sugar.
4. Scrape off foam and throw it away.
5. Pour the remaining mixture into jars.
6. Once it has cooled, store the jars in the refrigerator.
Or, if you don’t have fresh lingonberries around, you can always buy some online 🙂
Recipe from Margareta Karlsten.