Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means that Swedish Freak will earn a commission if you purchase anything from these links. Thank you for your support!
- 2/3 lb (900 g) beef (or ground beef)
- 1/4 lb (110 g) veal
- 1/2 tsp (2 1/3 g) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 1/3 g) salt
- 1 1/2 c (235 mL) milk
- 1/2 c (115 g) bread crumbs
- 1/4 lb (110 g) lean pork (or pork sausage)
- 2 Tbsp (28 g) sliced onions
- 1-2 eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp (7 g) butter (or shortening)
1. Grind meat 3 times.
2. Beat milk and egg together and pour over bread crumbs.
3. After well-dissolved, mix with the meat and work them together.
4. Add salt, pepper, and the fried onions.
5. Form small balls and brown in butter or shortening.
6. Add a little hot water and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with cold lingonberry jam and a hot baked potato, and some butter. Enjoy!
Recipe from Margareta Karlsten.