Meatballs and funnel chanterelle mushroom pasta
Meatballs and chanterelle mushrooms pasta is a delicious meal. Creamy and meaty at the same time, it is best served with chanterelle mushrooms picked from the Swedish forest!
- 1 lb (500g) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 c (300g) funnel chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 3/4 c (150g) mozzarella, shredded
- about 17 fl. oz. (5 dl) cream
- about 10 fl. oz. (3 dl) of creme fraiche (sour cream works as a substitute)
- 1 table spoon fresh thyme
- 3 table spoons chopped parsley
- 11 oz. (300g) pasta, dry weight
- salt and pepper
- butter and oil for frying
- Rinse the funnel chanterelle or other wild mushroom.
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Fry the mushrooms and onion in separate pans with butter. Sprinkle with thyme. The onions should be clear when finished.
- Mix the ground beef, egg and fried onion together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Form small meatballs and fry in a little oil
- Pour the cream and sour cream in the mushroom pan and boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, add the fried meat balls.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and boil the sauce until it is to your desired thickness.
- Cook the pasta al dente. Add the pasta immediately to the sauce.
- Mix the mozzarella in the warm pasta. Sprinkle parsley.