Swedish Adventures in Prague
So what does a girl do when she is gone from Sweden for two months? She brings Sweden to her! Luckily for me I have some fabulous friends up in Skellefteå, and when I told them about how awesome Prague was (and how cheap the beer was) they had to come down to see it for themselves!
1. Prague has cool buildings, EVERYWHERE. Nothing like what we have in Sweden.
2. No matter how far you take a Swede from Sweden, she still won’t lose her Swedish style.
3. No matter how far a Swede is from Sweden, she will want her cider! While beer is great (and cheap) here in Prague, Swedish cider is becoming ever more popular, as I soon discovered when Anna pointed out and got very excited about finding cider at a restaurant. I have to say I tried it, and I see why 🙂
And then for a day we decided to leave Prague and see what the Czech countryside had to offer…
4.1 Bone churches plus castle hunting = a very exhausting, yet fun day! First stop outside of Prague was the bone church, which is always amazing. I’ve been there about 5 times already, and always enjoy going back and showing friends!
5. We have no snails in Sweden?? While walking the cemetery at the bone church Anna was shocked by the big snails. I didn’t get any good pictures, but I was surprised to hear Sweden has no snails. So what, when you go south the mosquitoes start turning into snails? 🙂
6. In Prague you can actually sit outside by the river and NOT get eaten alive by mosquitoes. And there is a great view!
8. Czech beer is cheap… and GOOD!
All in all it was an AMAZING time in Prague. And I’m so glad they came, not only for the wonderful company, but because they reminded me of all the cool things at home that I am missing. But that is for another blog post…